Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Head and The Heart

       One of the very first things I look for in music is passion. Great music moves more then just your feet it moves you on an emotional level. The Head and the Heart do a wonderful job of taking you through this magnificent emotional roller coaster. They build dynamics beautifully. Just watch this performance of "Rivers and Roads" and you will see what I mean. I absolutely adore their musicianship. The piano and drums on "Ghosts" are really superb. And how do you not love the three part vocal harmony?  "Down in the Valley" is a great feature for the violin of Charity Rose Thielen.

Since I know you will be hooked once you listen here is "Lost in my Mind", "Cats and Dogs", "Coeur D'Alene", "Sounds Like Hallelujah", and "Josh McBride" to help.

Currently Listening To: "Alone" My Epic

No comments:

Post a Comment