Friday, August 12, 2011

ReDiscovery

       The first artist I would like to talk about is more of a rediscovery then anything else. As much as I loved The Michael Gungor Band's "Ancient Skies" I am head over heels for Gungor's "Beautiful Things". "Beautiful Things" dropped back in February of 2010 but I just recently heard about the album when The New Divide performed the title track at The Well Community Church a few months ago. I instantly got hooked on the Youtube videos of them performing acoustically for Relevant Magazine. Now I have the full album in a playlist on Grooveshark that I am listening to all the time. Michael and Lisa have gorgeous voices that sound so beautiful in harmony. Michael Gungor is probably the most talented instrumentalist in Christian music today. It is so refreshing to hear real orchestral strings being played on an album instead of some synth patch. In my opinion it has everything you could look for in an album. Great acoustic driven songs like "Please Be My Strength" and bluesy rock driven songs like "Heaven". The album boast instrumentation on everything from a banjo, to a glockenspiel, to good old fashion hand claps. Great songs all over the record. If you let it, this album will take you everywhere from singing your lungs out, to dancing, to praying on your knees.




CurrentlyLlistening To: "Hold Still" - Sleeping At Last
                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment