Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Photoside Cafe

       I discovered the band Photoside Cafe by looking at the 2011 lineup for the Ichthus festival. I didn't plan on going or anything, too far and too expensive, but wanted to take a look at artists I hadn't heard before. I found a few bands I have been getting into lately that way, but Photoside Cafe is definitely a standout. The album I have been listening to is "The Beauty of Innocence Remains". The rock band with violin originally had me comparing them with Article One but with more aggressive vocals. The more I have listened the more I have been appreciating the drumming which has really nice cymbal work and interesting rhythmic shifts I found reminiscent of Danny Carey's style. "Sweet Fascination" has a laid back melodic feel with the acoustic guitar, piano, and violin. The album has a lot of cool "ambient" sounds like the didgeridoo on "Kill Your TV". My favorite tracks are "The Old Bridge" and "When Beauty Sings".

Currently Listening To: "Rabbit and the Bear"-Josh Garrels

No comments:

Post a Comment